Your career as a scientist at CUI, MIN or UKE is already fairly advanced. Now you are wondering how to take the next step – to prepare a habilitation, for example. The Academic Leadership Programme 2018 addresses advanced women scientists such as postdocs and postdocs in a group leader position and associate professors (Privatdozentinnen und Juniorprofessorinnen). The emphasis is on research funding and strategic career planning in order to offer tailored support at this level. Applications to the program are immediately possible.
The programme covers several dates during the summer semester 2018 and consists of three moduls each lasting two days. In addition, two network evenings have been included in cooperation with the campus-wide mentoring program dynament and the Agathe-Lasch-Coaching plus divers.
The programme’s goals include furthering self-awareness of one’s individual career in science, developing career and management strategies, acquiring hands-on tools to realize career opportunities, and preparing for future leadership positions in academia. All workshops will be held in English.
- Modul I, Convincing and Debating, Friday 27.4.2018, 14.00 – 18.00, Saturday 28.4.2018, 9.00 – 17.00, Geomatikum, Trainer Dr. Karin Bodewits, Natural Science Careers
- Modul II, Writing Grant Applications, Friday 8.6.2018, 14.00 – 18.00, Saturday 9.6.2018, 9.00 – 17.00, UKE, Trainer Elaine Hussey,
- Modul III, Developing your “Research Brand”, Friday 24.8.2018, 9.00 – 17.00, PLUS individual coaching, Campus Bahrenfeld (CFEL), Trainer Dr. Beate Scholz, CTC GmbH
- Netwerk evening, Authentic Leadership in Cooperation, in cooperation with dynament and the Agathe-Lasch-Coaching plus divers, Friday 16.5.2018, 17.00 – 19.00, Guest Prof. Erika Garutti, Campus Bahrenfeld (ILP)
- Netzwerk evening, Faculty Research Procedures, in cooperation with dynament, Tuesday 26.6.2018, 17.00 – 19.00, UKE.
The programme is a joined offering of CUI, the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), and the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences at Universität Hamburg. The number of participants is limited to 12-15. It is possible to attend the workshops individually. However, participation in all three modules is recommended.
To register please follow this link:
We offer free childcare. Please indicate upon registration whether you require this service.
More information and contacts: Flyer