“I am delighted to have an opportunity to write a few words to express my appreciation of the establishment in my honor of the Mildred Dresselhaus Guest Professorship at the Hamburg Center for Ultrafast Imaging,” Mildred Dresselhaus wrote in the new broschure “Mildred Dresselhaus Award and Recipients”. The magazine appeared in English just a few days before the renowned scientist passed away at the age of 86 in February 2017.
The magazine gives interesting insights into the lives of the awardees and the woman who lent her name, including portraits and questionnaires answered by the prize recipients plus information about the prize and the CUI research.
The Mildred Dresselhaus Guest Professors are
- Prof. Dr. Cristiane Morais Smith, Universiteit Utrecht, Niederlande (2016)
- Dr. Friederike Ernst, Stanford University, USA (2016)
- Prof. Dr. Elspeth Garman, University of Oxford, UK (2015)
- Dr. Liesbeth Janssen, Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Germany (2015)
(read also: Mildred Dresselhaus Awardees 2015 selected)
- Prof. Dr. Roseanne Sension, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (2014)
- Dr. Anouk Rijs, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, The Netherlands (2014)
- Prof. Dr. Tamar Seideman, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA (2013)
- Dr. Rosario González-Férez, Universidad de Granada, Spain (2013)
(read also: First Mildred Dresselhaus Awardees expected)