New Year’s reception and Mildred Dresselhaus Award Ceremony
CUI’s New Year’s Reception and the Mildred Dresselhaus Award Ceremony will take place on Thursday, January 16, in the Main Building of Universität Hamburg.
The Ceremony starts with a champagne reception at 6:00 pm, followed by welcoming speeches delivered by
- Dr. Dorothee Stapelfeldt, Second Mayor and Minister of Science and Research of Hamburg,
- Prof. Dr. Heinrich Graener, Dean of the School of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences, Universität Hamburg
- Prof. Dr. Horst Weller, Speaker of CUI, Universität Hamburg.
Ceremonial presentation of the Mildred Dresselhaus Awards 2013 to
- Dr. Rosario González-Férez, Universidad de Granada, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Tamar Seideman, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA.
Prof. Jochen Küpper and Prof. R.J. Dwayne Miller will deliver the laudations to honour the awardees’ outstanding contributions to physics and chemistry.
Afterwards food and drinks will be served.
The classical “Duo Shinandra” (flute and harp) will provide a festive musical setting.