The fourth winter school organized by the PhD students of CUI took place on February 20-24, 2017, in a village on the island Rügen in the Baltic Sea called Juliusruh. The event was organised at the Auqamaris Strandresidenz Rügen. The lectures covered a variety of topics related to the research areas of CUI, namely
- Bose-Einstein condensates and cold atom scanning probe microscopy (J. Fortagh, Universität Tübingen, Germany)
- Quantum transport in photosynthesis (A. Buchleitner, Universität Freiburg, Germany)
- New methods for time-resolved X-ray (A. Pearson, Universität Hamburg, Germany)
- Phase transformations and self-assembly (J. Russo, University of Bristol, United Kingdom)
- Assembly of colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals (D. Van Maekelbergh, Utrecht University, Holland)
In addition to those lectures, the CUI PhD students gave as usual short oral presentations on their own research. Finally, a lecture on “Transfer of Knowledge across the Borders of Disciplines” by Hanne Andersen (Aarhus, Denmark) was planned, too.