The fourth winter school organized by the PhD students of CUI will take place February 20-24, 2017, in a village on the island Rügen in the Baltic Sea called Juliusruh. The event is organised at the Auqamaris Strandresidenz Rügen. The lectures will cover a variety of topics related to the research areas of CUI, namely
- Bose-Einstein condensates and cold atom scanning probe microscopy (J. Fortagh, Universität Tübingen, Germany)
- Quantum transport in photosynthesis (A. Buchleitner, Universität Freiburg, Germany)
- New methods for time-resolved X-ray (A. Pearson, Universität Hamburg, Germany)
- Phase transformations and self-assembly (J. Russo, University of Bristol, United Kingdom)
- Assembly of colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals (D. Van Maekelbergh, Utrecht University, Holland)
In addition to the above outlined lectures, the CUI PhD students will give short oral presentations. Finally, a lecture on „Transfer of Knowledge across the Borders of Disciplines“ by Hanne Andersen (Aarhus, Denmark) is planned, too.
Further information on the programme can be found in the booklet.
The online registration is now available here.
Note that this is restricted to the CUI graduate school members only.
Former winter schools: